Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Oh Control



I came across this song last night while sampling music on iTunes.  The lyrics hit home pretty hard.  I liked them enough I wanted to share them.

Control - JJ Heller
The cut is deep, but never deep enough for me
It doesn't hurt enough to make me forget
One moment of relief is never long enough
To keep the voices in my head
From stealing my peace

Oh, control

It's time, time to let you go

Perfection has a price

But I cannot afford to live that life
It always ends the same; a fight I never win
Oh, control
It's time, time to let you go

I'm letting go of the illusion

I'm letting go of the confusion
I can't carry it another step
I close my eyes and take a breath
I'm letting go, letting go

There were scars before my scars

Love written on the hands that hung the stars
Hope living in the blood that was spilled for me

Oh, control

It's time, time to let you go...
Control
It's time, time to let you go




Wow, there are some good little morsels in there to really ponder on.


~~I think about the voices in my head stealing my peace.   They get really loud and they are super persuasive, screaming out 'what if's', whispering words of doubt, laughing at my short comings.  If I let go of control is it possible that they would quiet down?  If  I were to 'let go and let God', as they say, will the peace of God wash over and hush the doubt, the worry, the need to be in control?
YES
John 14:27 - I am leaving you with a gift - - PEACE OF MIND AND HEART.  And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give.  So, don't be troubled or afraid.


~~If I let go of illusions of how my life SHOULD be and choose not to dwell on the confusion of why my life isn't what I thought it should be, is it possible that it will free my mind up to know and be ready
for what God has for me? 
YES
Psalms 37:4 & 7 - Seek your happiness in the Lord and he will give you your hearts desire. Be patient and wait for the Lord to act.  Don't be worried about those who prosper or those who succeed... 

~~And, Ultimately, this song causes me to remember:  "There were scars before my scars.  Love written on the hands that hung the stars.  HOPE living in the blood that was spilled for me." God's love ALWAYS brings HOPE.

Romans 12:12 - Let your hope keep you joyful, be patient in your troubles, and pray all the time.

Yes, I do believe that today my lesson to be learned (again and again, I might add) is this:  "Oh Control, it's time, time to let you go. . ." 

No comments:

Post a Comment