Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Let The Adventure Begin

2 Corinthians 8:12

Whatever you give is acceptable if you give it eagerly.  And give according to what you have, not what you don't have.


I'm off to Kenya in less than 24 hours.  Feeling super excited and ready for an amazing time.  I got to meet my fellow team members yesterday. Bags are packed and heart is ready. I am anticipating a life changing experience.  I have been praying for an open heart and to be able to recognize the opportunities God has planned just for me, reminding myself that He has me on this trip for a purpose.  I am alos aware that it is entirely possible that God has plans for me to learn form the people of Kanderia.  I am humbled by the opportunity and excited about the possibilities. 

Your prayers are appriciated when you think about it.  Here are my concerns, if you're interested. . .
  • I am ghostly fair skinned and even with sunscreen I have been known to get a pretty nasty sun/heat rash.  I obviously don't want that to happen.
  • I don't want to get sick.
  • I want any fears of fitting in to vanish.  (I tend to be a little self concsious)
  • I am more of a people watcher rather than an interacter.  This sometimes can be precieved as being 'stuck up' or disengaged.  Pray that I will let my gurard down and experience rather than watch.
  • I desperatly want to capture photos and videos that are full of emotion and are moving.  I want to be able to come back and put together a video that really captures the emotion and movement of the trip.  I really want it to be my best work yet.  (Not putting any pressure on my self here, huh?)
  • I have only been gone for 24 hours and it really hit me this morning how much I'm gonna miss my husband.  Don't pray that I don't miss him but maybe pray that it doesn't hinder my experiences.
Those are the high points.  Again, if it comes to mind, please pray. I'd appriciated it! Your friendships and interests in this blog are greatly appriciated!  I plan to journal/blog while gone.  I won't have internet connection there so I will post it after I get back.  I want to share it all with you. 

Love  and peace to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment